Tixt now supports short codes SMS, however, it is not recommended to use with MFA.
There are a few things that you need to be aware of:
- We have found a lot of problems with shortcodes (especially sent through Microsoft) being delivered.
- Toll-free numbers cannot receive SMS from short codes, and will not be affected by this feature.
- By design, a short code number can only send messages to long code numbers from the same country as that short code. In order to receive messages, you must use a number from the same country as the short code. For example, if you are trying to receive a message from a Canada short code, you will need to use a Canada inbound ticket number.
- We cannot guarantee that every short code globally will be able to reach our inbound ticketing numbers, even if the number is from the same country as the short code. There may be cases where an external short code carrier does not have reach to our number, or some other technical issue prevents these messages from reaching our platform.
- You will NOT be able to send outbound messages to these short codes. Therefore, you will not be able to reply, opt out via “STOP,” or send “HELP” messages.